Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mary Poppins Orpheum Theatre tickets Sept 2009

While Mary Poppins has floated out of Minneapolis on her parrot head umbrella, she has dropped into other cities across the U.S. Contact Ticket King to see what city you would be able to purchase your Mary Poppins tickets for!



I was fortunate enough to get Broadway Musical Mary Poppins at the Orpheum Theatre tickets while Mary Poppins was playing in Minneapolis in September. My husband and I bought my niece Mary Poppins tickets for her 10th birthday. The look on her face when we walked into the Orpheum Theatre was completely worth the ticket cost.



Mary Poppins was the first Broadway show she's ever been to, and the first time being in a theatre that wasn't a high school auditorium, for that matter! Her face lit up when she saw the velvet chairs, huge glowing chandelier, the lit up Mary Poppins backdrop on the curtain that looked like the London rooftop skyline...she literally gasped, and it was so precious! To be able to be the person that brought that happiness to her was priceless to me! If you ever get an opportunity to bring a child to see Mary Poppins on Broadway, I highly recommend you do it!



The Broadway version of Mary Poppins is both very similar to the movie version with Julie Andrews, but also has some very different parts from the movie. While I didn't like the new area of the story they fit "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", I did really enjoy the new take on the song. The song was very similar, but had an added extension to the song where the cast all spell out the word and have hand movements along with it. It was rather spectacular! My favorite part of the whole Mary Poppins musical was the part where they are on the London rooftops with all the chimney sweeps. This is my favorite part in the movie, and I was impressed with how well they were able to keep the scene similar to the movie, considering it's live on a stage instead of being able to use the trickery possible with movies. At one point, Burt walked sideways up one side of the stage, upside down across the top of the stage, and then sideways back down the other side of the stage. At the end, Mary Poppins actually floated off the stage with her umbrella, over the crowd! It was quite amazing for me and my niece alike!



I will update you on upcoming theatre events good for adults and children! Keep your eye on Ticket King Theatre to ensure you're seeing all the big theatre events that come to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area!

No comments:

Post a Comment