Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Wizard of Oz Minneapolis Orpheum Theatre tickets



Get out your ruby red slippers and follow the Yellow Brick Road to Ticket King! The Wizard of Oz is storming into the Minneapolis Orpheum Theatre from March 26-28 for 5 performances only! Dorothy and the whole gang will be performing for you! Tickets are available now through Ticket King starting at $75 per ticket for Floor 3 row GG and as low as $145 for Floor 2 row C! Those are great seats! Check out the Orpheum Theatre seating chart to see where you could be sitting!


Wizard the Oz the stage musical is the same story as the 1939 movie starring Julie Garland, which is based on the novel "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum.
The song "Over the Rainbow" won an Academy Award for Best Original Song, and has gone on to be a hugely loved song ever since.


I am excited to see how the set will be done as well as how all the floating and flying will be interpreted in the musical. With the witches in bubbles and flying brooms and the flying monkeys, I think it will be a very exciting stage performance! I saw a high school adaptation of Wizard of Oz a couple months ago, and it was extremely good! If a high school performance can be as entertaining as that was, I bet that the Orpheum Theatre will be astounding!

Don't be a coward, buy your Wizard of Oz tickets today!



"Over The Rainbow" lyrics

Somewhere over the rainbow Way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

A way above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow

Blue birds fly

Birds fly over the rainbow

Why then oh why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow

Why oh why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment