Thursday, January 7, 2010

Avenue Q The Musical tickets coming to Minneapolis Orpheum Theatre






I am so excited that the hilarious musical Avenue Q is coming to Minneapolis! My husband and I are the only ones out of his immediate family that have yet to see this musical. His two sisters and their husbands, his brother, and his parents have all seen this musical already. That is why I bought my husband Avenue Q tickets for Christmas to see Avenue Q at the Orpheum Theatre in April!

Avenue Q tickets are available at the Orpheum Theatre from April 13-18th, for a total of 8 performances. Avenue Q is largely inspired by Sesame Street, with most of the musicals characters being puppets. HOWEVER, Avenue Q is NOT a children's show. The characters are older, in the 20-30 year old age range, and the characters face adult problems and themes and use profanity.

Avenue Q is written by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx. Marx as well as the designer Rick Lyon have worked for Sesame Street in the past, which gave them the background with the puppets, but because of the adult material in the musical, Avenue Q does not claim any connection to the Sesame Workshop or The Jim Henson Company.

The Avenue Q setting takes place in an "outer-outer borough of New York City." There are maybe a dozen puppets, as well as human characters in the musical. The human characters include child TV star Gary Coleman as the apartment building superintendent (not actually played by Gary Coleman, but that would have been pretty cool!)

Avenue Q opened off-Broadway in March of 2003 and opened on Broadway in July 2003 and ran through September 2009. Avenue Q won the Tony Award for Best Musical in 2004 as well as Best Book and Best Score-contending with the likes of Wicked!

Since I have yet to see the musical, I cannot tell you how great it is personally, but I have many great reviews, and read the synopsis online and it sounds absolutely hilarious!

If you've seen Avenue Q already, please let me know what you thought! I am anxiously awaiting April to get here, not only so the weather warms up, but also to finally see Avenue Q at the Orpheum Theatre!

What Do You Do with a B.A. in English? lyrics

What do you do with a B.A. in English,
What is my life going to be?
Four years of college and plenty of knowledge,
Have earned me this useless degree.

I can't pay the bills yet,
'Cause I have no skills yet,
The world is a big scary place.

But somehow I can't shake,
The feeling I might make,
A difference,
To the human race.

Morning, Brian.

Hi, Kate Monster.

How's life?

Disappointing.

What's the matter?

The catering company laid me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment