Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chanhassen Dinner Theatre Footloose tickets

The musical Footloose is playing at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre starting tomorrow and running through May! Ticket King doesn't currently have tickets for the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre Footloose production, but it should because this musical, based on the movie, has got to be awesome! I am definitely planning on going, since Footloose was one of my favorite movies growing up! Who could resist Kevin Bacon in 1984 as Ren McCormack, the Chicago teenager transplanted to a small town that outlaws dancing and rock music!? Ren stirs up all kinds of trouble as he gets the small town to see that music and dancing is not responsible for the sins and hardships the town may have seen in the past, including the Reverend Shaw Moore's son dying in a car accident.

Footloose has made popular songs such as "Let's Hear it for the Boy," "Almost Paradise," and
"Hurts so Good" and of course, "Footloose."

Footloose became a musical in 1998 when it opened at Broadway's Richard Rodgers Theatre and ran through 2000. The Footloose Musical was nominated for four Tony Awards. In 2006, Footloose opened for a London production starring Dancing with the Stars professional dancer Derek Hough as Ren. Footloose has seen both UK and US tours, as well as being very popular in school performances and theatre such as the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre.

There is talk of production starting in March 2010 for a film remake of Footloose that was originally to star Zac Efron, who later declined, and now Chace Crawford is said to be the leading roll. There was also talk of Derek Hough to reprise his London musical tour roll in the film. Derek Hough's sister, also a Dancing with the Stars alum and Country music singer, Julianne Hough, is the leading contender for the female role-which makes me hope that Derek is not the lead roll...as that would be awkward!

Everybody cut Footloose!
"Let's Hear it for the Boy" song lyrics: Rusty: My baby he dont talk sweet He ain't got much to say But he loves me, loves me, loves me I know that he loves me anyway And maybe he dont dress fine But i dont really mind Because every time he pulls me near I just want to cheer Lets hear it for the boy Lets give the boy a hand Lets hear it for my baby You know you go to understand Whoa, maybe he's no romeo But he's my lovin one-man show Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa Let's hear it for the boy Rusty, Ariel, Irene & Doreen My baby may not be rich He's wathcin every dime But he loves me loves me loves We always have a real good time And maybe he sings off key But thats alright by me Because what he does he does so well Makes me wanna yell Lets hear it for the boy Lets give the boy a hand Lets hear it for my baby You know you go to understand Maybe hes no romeo But hes my lovin one man show Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa Lets hear it for the boy Maybe hes no casanova Still his kisses knock me ov-ah Hear it for the boy Lets give the boy a hand Lets hear it for my baby You know you gotta understand Oh, he dont score at bowl-a-rama Still you gotta thank his mama Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa Lets hear it for the boy Hear it for my man Let's hear it for my baby

"Footloose" son lyrics: Been working so hard I'm punching my card Eight hours, for what Oh, tell me what I got I've done this feeling That time's just holdihg me down I'll hit the ceiling Or else I'll tear up this town Now I gotta cut Loose, footloose Kick off your Sunday shoes Please, Louise Pull me offa my knees Jack, get back C'mon before we crack Lose your blues Everybody cut footloose You're playkng so cool Obeykng every rule Dig way down in your heart You're yearning, yearnkng for some Somebody to tell you That life ain't passing you by I'm trying to tell you It will if you don't even try You can fly if you'd noly cut Loose, footloose Kick off your Sunday shoes Oowhee, Marie Shake it, shake it for me Whoa, Milo C'mon, c'mon let's go Lose your blues Everybody cut footloose We got to turn you around You put your feet on the ground Now take a hold of your ball I'm turning it

No comments:

Post a Comment