Thursday, January 7, 2010

Feed My Starving Children volunteering!


Hey Theatre-goers!

I just wanted to let you know about a volunteer opportunity I am doing later this month, something you and your friends, family or coworkers could do as well at some point!

It started as a coworker of mine seeing an article on the Star Tribune website for a volunteer opportunity for Minnesota bloggers...well, I do have this blog, so I checked into it. I would like to volunteer more often, but I find it hard when I have to go out and plan a volunteer opportunity for myself. I'm much better at having an opportunity in front of me and putting it on my calender! Once something is on my calender, it's pretty set in stone!

So, I put this one on my calender for Tuesday January 19th. I will be joining 39 other Minnesota bloggers, of all walks of life, at Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) to pack specially formulated meals for starving children in over 60 countries.

Feed My Starving Children is a nonprofit christian organization that takes donations and finds volunteers to buy and pack the meals. One meal through FMSC costs only 17 cents! FMSC has been around since 1987. There are three Minnesota locations, and they accept groups starting at ten people to pack the meals.

I am very excited for this opportunity! What a fun thing to do with a group in your life, and be able to give back in a little way!

No comments:

Post a Comment