Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Little Mermaid Musical U.S. Tour coming Fall 2010!


Great News for not only my fellow theatre lovers, but for my fellow Disney lovers! Put the two together and what is better than Disney's The Lion King, Disney's Beauty and the Beast or Disney's Mary Poppins?


Well, if you're ME, what is the best news theatre-related I've had all year is finding out that The Little Mermaid musical is starting a National U.S. Tour starting Fall 2010! The Little Mermaid has been my favorite Disney movie since before I can remember!



I was living in Connecticut when The Little Mermaid opened on Broadway in January of 2008. (It was supposed to have opened on December 6, 2007, but because of the Broadway Stagehand Strike, it was pushed back.) I wanted to go to it so badly, but I was in the middle of planning my wedding at the time, and even though Hartford is only a couple hours away from New York, it is so expensive to go into the city for a Broadway show, between paying for parking, or for the Amtrak to get into the city, getting a hotel, the food, and the tickets, it was just way too much to swing at the time! I am so excited at the idea of The Little Mermaid musical coming to Minneapolis, I cannot even fully explain it to you! It is so much easier to afford going to Broadway shows when I can see them in Minneapolis or St. Paul! I am so happy to live in a city that is small enough to not be too expensive and overwhelming, but also be big enough to get big shows like The Little Mermaid!


There are no tour cities that have been announced yet, but keep checking my Ticket King Theatre blog, I'll be sure to update you on any news I hear of The Little Mermaid tour as soon as I find anything out!


I am beyond excited, and this is one show I will NOT miss if it comes to Minneapolis! If it does not come to Minneapolis, I'll have to recruit some people to take a road trip with me to see The Little Mermaid somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. This was my favorite Disney Movie when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete