Monday, December 26, 2011

Disney's Beauty and the Beast re-released in 3D

I went to a movie last night, my first movie in AGES! (I have an 11 month old, I didn't even know what movies were playing!) Luckily my sister invited my husband and I out on a double date. While at the movie theatre, I saw a cardboard cutout ad for Disney's Beauty and the Beast 3D! Beauty and the Beast is one of my top Disney movies of all time, so I checked out the info today online.

Disney thought that the rerelease of The Lion King 3D was so good, they are rereleasing a few more popular movies to 3D. Beauty and the Beast 3D comes out on January 13, 2012, so not long to wait! Beauty and the Best originally hit movie theatres in 1991! Can you believe it's been 20 years! I cannot! I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast in the movie theatre. There was a theatre right by my house, maybe 2 blocks away, but it was the "expensive" movie theatre, so we hardly ever went there. On the night we went to this movie, we walked over to the movie theatre and saw the movie, then also got to go to the highly priced 50's style diner for ice cream! Yup, 20 years ago, and I remember all that! What a great day it was!

Also coming soon to Disney 3D is Finding Nemo, September 14, 2012, Monsters, Inc, January 18, 2013 and The Little Mermaid September 13, 2013!

Did anyone see The Lion King 3D? I'm looking for reviews. I'm skeptical on if I want to see my favorite classic Disney movies in 3D or not. Does the 3D add to the effect or take away from it? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment